Please donate to Absolute Zero FTC Team#12096
We are Absolute Zero, a First Tech Challenge robotics team based in Sterling, VA. Our team is composed of 10 team members:
|Neha Bhat- Programming||Nithya Chintalapati -Programming|
|Pranav Sukumaran-Building||Basith Faizal-Building|
|Mithran Mohanraj-Building||Nikhil Chintalapati -Fundraising|
|Akshata Manjunatha-Programming and Fundraising||Greeshma Bhat -Fundraising|
|Dishaa Bhat – CAD and Scouting||Saurav Sukumaran-Driving|
During this season, we have been building, testing, and refining a robot for the FIRST Tech Challenge competition organized by FIRST. We built a robot to compete with other robots in a unique competitive game that combined building, programming, and driving skill. The competition judges other aspects including design, outreach and business plans. Preparing for the competition helps kids learn about design, programming, entrepreneurship, and many other aspects that are necessary for being a ready for the workforce of tomorrow.
Recently, we competed in an FTC regional competition at the Shenandoah Regionals at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville. The following are our accomplishments:
- Top seed in the Qualifying Round – we won all five of our qualifying matches.
- In the semifinals and finals, we led our alliance of 3 teams to victory, and won the championship.
- First place Connect Award – an award given for outstanding outreach to the community.
- Runner-Up Control Award – awarded to teams based on their consistent Autonomous design and programming
- 1 of the 5 teams out of 29 to qualify for the State Championship to be held at Richmond, Virginia on February 23rd, 2018.
Absolute Zero is looking forward to participating in the state level event. However, we request your help to get us there. We would like to improve our Robot before going to states. Absolute Zero is looking for funding for:
- Registration fees for the tournament.
- Improvements to our Robot to compete at state level.
Any monetary amount will help us get to the tournament, and every donation is greatly appreciated. In return for any gracious donations we receive, we would be more than happy to display your company or business logo on our posters, presentations, and robot.
As a group of students dedicated to our team, we would like to graciously thank you for your help and support of our team as we work towards funding our trip to the State Championship. We also invite you to like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/absolutzerorobotics and to follow us on Twitter: @AbsoluteZeroFTC for team news and updates. Thank you again for your continued support!